|January 15, 2019||Application deadline|
|End of January 2019||Finalists notified|
|End of January 2019||Interviews|
|Early February 2019||Final selection notifications|
- Current sophomore or junior (meaning you must be a junior or senior for the duration of the fellowship, in AY 2019-2020)
- GPA of 3.0 or better
- High level of responsibility, leadership, and commitment
- Demonstrated genuine passion for youth justice
- Stipend of $12,750 throughout their 15-month commitment.
- An unlimited monthly metro card to cover travel expenses each month
- An opportunity grant of $1,000 to help alleviate financial burdens that might arise during the fellowship period
To apply, submit your application in a single PDF document via email (email@example.com) before 11:59 p.m. on January 15.
- Written responses to the following questions:
- (250 words max): Pinkerton Community Fellows work closely with young people who are involved in the justice system or who are at risk of entering the justice system. Describe your experience working with at-risk youth. If you have not worked with at-risk youth, describe any experience that involved leading, being a role model, or providing support to a group. In your response, please discuss your strengths in this sort of work and at least one area that you’d like to improve.
- (300 words max): Describe an accomplishment you are proud of (from school, work, volunteering, or any other context) that involves working with young people or relates to the criminal justice field. In your response you should describe:
+ what you accomplished,
+ what challenges arose and how you overcame them,
+ how you worked with your colleagues and/or supervisor, and
+ what you learned in accomplishing the goal.
- (250 words max): What motivates your desire to be a Pinkerton Community Fellow? What do you hope to gain from your participation?
- A one-page resume
- An unofficial transcript
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor. Recommenders must submit their letters as PDF attachments via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 15, 2019. Subject line should include: “[Applicant’s Full Name]: Pinkerton Recommendation”.